A little something about Maira:
Maira is a 30+ year old stay-at-home mom of four children. Her likes are to listen to music, and she loves to express herself in her writing. She has always had a passion for writing but didn’t begin to consider herself brave enough to try until she was an adult. She reads and specializes in the drama, romance, and erotic genres with the bad boys and mafia in the forefront.
Questions and Answers:
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I always knew I wanted to write. I just never started until 2019.
2. How long does it take you to write a book?
It takes a while because some days I have writers block.
3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I don’t have a schedule set, yet I need to work on that.
4. What would you say is your unique writing quirk?
5. Whether it be traditional, self, or story book apps. How’d you find the publishing process?
It takes me a while to make sure my editing is okay.
6. How much of your writing process involves research in your subject matter or plot?
Mostly some parts of my book involves in research.
7. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I wrote my first book in 2019.
8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I listen to music and aesthetic picture and videos and like meeting new friend on Instagram, and TikTok.
9. What does your family think of your writing?
My boyfriend - he is supportive of me, but not my subject matter. My biggest fan is my mother.
10.What was one of the most surprising things you learned about yourself in creating your books (characters, location, plot)?
That I can create good plots.
11.What is it you particularly like about the genre you write?
I love writing about the ruthless mafia boss and the woman that helps them learn to love with an open heart.
12. Do you have any suggestions to help others become writers? If so, what are they?
Write whatever comes to their mind and just start writing.
13.Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? Not a lot but if I do, they love my plot and they just tell me to work on my grammar.
14.Do you like to create books for your target audience?
Yes, I do.
15.What do you think makes a good story?
A story about love and not to end up getting hurt.
16. How do you handle writers block and what do you tell other aspiring authors who may be fighting or fearful about hitting that wall?
For me, it is the music. If not, just take a break, so you don’t rush into it. That way, it doesn’t come out rushed.
Maira has a desire to be better. She strives to write stories people will like and build characters people love to hate and hate to love. I think that's a trait to work hard for and Maira does her best to pull the reader in and hold them there until the bitter end of the book. I'm excited to see where this craft takes her. Be sure to follow her on all her social media platforms and read her books on Inkitt and Wattpad. Soon in print and ebook!